Wake ENT Specialists offers pin and intradermal testing for regional tree, mold, grass and weed allergens. The appointment time is 1.5 hours. Patients must stop taking specific medications 5 to 7 days prior to testing as some medications can confound test results.
- Allergens tested at Wake ENT
- Medications to Stop Taking Prior to Allergy Testing
- Cross-reactivities among pollen and foods
- Why do I have allergies?
- What are my options for treatment?
- Potential reactions to allergy shots
- How long will my treatment last?
When you decide to be tested for allergies, you will be given a packet of new patient information. We will collect information about your allergic history and provide information regarding the medications that you must stop taking at least 5 days prior to testing.
After your appointment, your allergy nurse and Dr. Gupta will determine, along with your input, whether you will benefit from allergy treatment and which treatment will best fit your needs and lifestyle. You will then make an appointment to return to the clinic to begin treatment.