Hearing Self Test
The following questions will help you determine if you have a hearing loss and need to have your hearing evaluated:
- Do you have a problem hearing over the telephone?
- Do you hear better on one ear than the other when you are on the telephone?
- Do you have trouble following the conversation when two or more people are talking at the same time?
- Do people complain that you turn the TV volume up too high?
- Do many people you talk to seem to mumble (or not speak clearly)?
- Do you have to strain to understand conversation?
- Do you have trouble hearing in a noisy background?
- Do you find yourself asking people to repeat themselves?
- Do you have dizziness, pain, or ringing in your ears?
- Do family members or co-workers remark about your missing what has been said?
- Do you have trouble hearing in restaurants?
- Do you have trouble understanding the speech of women and children?
- Do people get annoyed because you misunderstand what they say?
- Do you misunderstand what others are saying and respond inappropriately?
If you have answered yes to more than two of these questions, you should have your hearing tested by a board-certified audiologist. Call us to set up an appointment with Dr. Gupta at 919-851-5636.